Discussion: Early Intervention helps identify employees who have developed a pattern of behavior that indicates that intervention may be necessary.
Creating a response category.
- Go to categories page. Categories for early interventionand recognition response are created in the same manner as those used for new documentation.
- Open the dropdown list at the top of the “Manage Categories” page and select “Early Intervention.”
- Add the appropriate response category, set the minimum title, then Save Changes.
Creating a new Intervention Rule.
Open the “Early Interventions” section then click on the “New” button and name the intervention rule.
- If you are creating a rule to track multiple categories, we suggest using names such as Early Intervention Flag or Early Warning Flag.
- If you are creating a rule for a single category simply use the name of the category (Pursuit Flag, Tardiness Flag, etc.).
The “Active” box is checked by default. This field may be deselected to make the flag inactive.
Setting Thresholds - Take some time to think through this process. The thresholds can be set to reflect those in your organization’s policy. An intervention flag should be a significant event. If thresholds are set too low and result in frequent flags it may diminish the significance of the intervention process.
- Count – The number of points which will trigger the intervention flag.
- Timespan – The time period in which the incident count will be measured.
- Reuse Categories – If this option is checked the categories will accumulate resulting in a flag being retriggered when subsequent entries are made. We recommend you check this option for all intervention flags.
Categories – Open the dropdown box and select all categories to be included in the flag.
Incident categories may be selected in more than one rule. Be aware that doing so could trigger multiple flags. For instance, using tardiness in a “Tardiness” flag and again in an “Early Intervention” flag could trigger both flags. Both would require a response.
Assign Point Values
- The default value for any category selected is 1. You may assign a greater or lesser value depending on the nature of the category. For example, tardiness may have a point value of .25 and complaint may have a value of 1.5.
Editing an Intervention Flag.
- Open the dropdown box and select the rule you want to edit.
- Modify the flag by deleting existing categories, adding new categories, or adjusting point values.
- You can make the flag inactive by unchecking the “Active” box.
- Save changes.
Deleting an Intervention Flag - The admin user has the ability to delete an Intervention Flag without a response being made. The admin user must be able to see the Intervention Flag. In order to do this, the admin must be part of the hierarchy.
- Click the Intervention Flag then click “Delete Flag”.
- Confirm the deletion. The Early Intervention tab will clear once you leave the page.
After an EI flag is cleared, it will trigger again if the employee has another incident within the prescribed time frame.