Custom fields are not intended to replace complex forms, but will allow you to define and standardize the data stored in Guardian Tracking. The various fields may be set as required or optional.
Creating Custom Fields
- Go to the “Manage” page and select “Custom Fields”.
- Select “Create New”
- Add the name of the new field
- You may also add an optional description
- For the type of field, you may choose from;
- A Dropdown List
- Text Field
- Multi-Select List
- Or, a Checkbox
- You may order the custom fields. This is a global sort feature which will apply to any category where the field is assigned. For instance, a field assigned the value of 1 would be the first in order when displayed or printed. You may also assign fractional values such as 1.1, 1.2, and so on. Fields appear in alphabetic order when no value is assigned.
- A preview of the custom field appears on the right side of the screen.
- All previously created fields may be found in the dropdown menu at the top of the screen. You can create a library of fields which may then be inserted into any category.
- Save Fields before leaving the section.
Assigning Custom Fields
- Go to the categories section and select a category where you would like to insert a custom field.
- Click the “custom fields” column then open the drop down menu to select the field you would like to assign.
- You can make the field required by checking the appropriate box.
- Repeat these steps to assign additional fields.
- Remember – custom fields will appear in alphabetic order when creating, displaying, or printing unless a sort value has been assigned.
- Click “Done” once you are finished then “Save Changes”.
Custom fields will not trigger an intervention or recognition flag. The flags are triggered by the original incident category.